Winter has arrived and it’s time to start thinking about heating your home. With electric bills skyrocketing, you want to know which room heater is right for you. We’ve compiled a list of the best ones based on performance, convenience, durability, and affordability. Keep reading to find Best Room Heaters for Your Home.
What is a room heater?
A room heater is a device that heats up a room. Room heaters are often an alternative to central heating because they provide the warmth of a fireplace without the mess.
There are three main types of room heaters:
Also read, Air purifier for home how it works
The type you buy depends on your needs and budget.
Considerations when buying a room heater
Choosing the right room heater for your home depends on your needs, environment, and budget. When you’re shopping for a room heater, think about the following factors:
1. Size of the Room: The size of your room should be one of the first considerations when buying a room. A space between 200-500 square feet should be heated by a smaller, more economical device. For larger spaces, you should use oil or other fuel-burning devices with an insulated tank to hold the fuel.
2. Your Needs: Consider what you’ll be using the heater for. If you plan on using it as supplemental heating in your bedroom at night, then a small, less expensive model will do just fine. If you plan on using it as your primary source of heat for your entire house, then it’s best to invest in a more expensive model with more features and better durability.
3. Durability and Convenience: A good rule of thumb is to look at whether or not you can adjust the heat settings and how big it is so that you can easily transport it from one location to another if needed.
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Up to 250 sq ft. 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for long life
- Ideal for a small/medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000 watt heat setting. Makes some noise due to the fan. Body Material: Plastic, Metal
- Refer to the wattage chart image for locating heater wattage requirements for your room size. Safety Mesh Grill
- Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A converter but can not be used for a long time with an extension cord
- Non-sagging, stitching type, and long-life heating element, Safety cut-off, Overheat Protection
- The thermal cut-off for added safety, Two heat settings-1000 watts, and 2000 watts
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your room heater for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent usage. If it does, please contact our Customer support
- Caution: Always use the product with a 16A socket. Using it on lower rating sockets may result in the melting of the socket or the plug. This is a 2 KW heater. It will consume 2 units per hour when operated on a high heat setting.
- Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for the small to medium-sized room; Product can be placed both vertically and horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Cool, Warm, or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting; please note that regulator changes heating power & not actual fan speed
- Lightweight (1.15 kg) for easy portability between rooms; Plastic body with rust-free metal grill front
- Built-in overheating protection: Power: 2000 watts; Operating
- Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
- This model Fan Speed is fixed, not regulated by knob
- Cord storage and rear safety cover
- Overheat protection and tilt over switch for safety
- Thermostatic heat control and caster wheels for easy mobility
- Thermostatic heat control. The power consumption is 2000 watts
- PTC heater with fan.
- Power input: 230 V
- Heating Method Forced Air, Convection
- Safety: This Room Heater is equipped with an automatic thermal safety cut-off feature that prevents any damage while its in use
- ISI Approved: Conforms to Indian standards to provide you with a rich experience
- Two Heat Settings: This Room Heater is equipped with two heat settings – 1000W and 2000W for the desired comfort
- Efficient Warmth: Ideal for use in small rooms, this noiseless 800 Watts heater provides instant heating during winters.
- Effective Cord Length (in meters) 1.5
- Personalized Comfort: Customize to your heating needs with two heat settings (500 W/ 1000 W)
- Peace of Mind: Featuring dual safety device: Tip-over switch against tilting and a Thermal fuse
- Reliable & Safe: Our room heaters are dependable and they also come with a 2 Year warranty
The best room heater for your needs, then, will depend on the size of your room, the type of heating you prefer, and how much money you want to spend. We’ve compiled a list of the top heating options to help you decide.