As one of the most used kitchen tools, a pressure cooker is something you don’t want to steal. For example, some of the best Stainless steel pressure cooker in India cost around Rs. 2-2.5K, while cheaper ones can cost around Rs. 1.5K. Top-quality stoves will last 6-7 years without repair or maintenance. But a poor quality stove can even go 3-4 years without causing problems. Should we try to save five hundred rupees by sacrificing peace of mind and durability? That is common sense. Is it not?
If you look at stainless steel utensils in a store, you will find many different types at various prices. I have used cookware on both ends of the price spectrum, and what I have noticed is that the cheaper varieties start to rust (yes, even though it’s “stainless steel”) quickly or the chrome finish of the peels off, while the more expensive ones last for years, without causing any problems. Everyone can assume that cooking with poor-quality cookware harms your long-term health. In addition, some brands sell cheap pressure cookers that do not meet BIS standards. However, these manufacturers have been fined recently, preventing them from engaging in other misconduct.
Prestige Deluxe Alpha pressure cooker with stainless steel outer lid
Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Handis
Pigeon's favorite induction cooker by Stovekraft
Hard Anodized Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
Popular Prestige Aluminum Pressure Cooker
Top 5 stainless steel pressure cooker In India
The Prestige PRDA6.5 Pressure Cooker is another affordable option for the best pressure cooker in India. There is only one side of the Prestige Deluxe Alpha stainless steel pressure cooker: 6.5 litres. This pressure cooker has a unique pressure gauge, allowing you to monitor the pressure and help you cook more accurately.
This hob has an alpha induction bottom and controlled GRS. The best pressure cooker in India has a handle with two screws for a better grip. It also has a heavier body that ensures greater durability.
This cooker’s entire bottom has an aluminium steel sandwich base which helps save energy and time. What’s more, it can be used on both induction stoves and cooktops.
Made of high-grade stainless steel cover and body, this pressure cooker not only heats fast but also retains the heat for a long.
- The prestige Deluxe Alpha pressure cooker comes in four different sizes. 2 Litres, 3 litres, 3.3 litres and 5.5 litres.
- The pressure cooker is made from stainless steel and thus it is resistant to corrosion and very durable.
- This pressure cooker comes with a lot of safety features, like a pressure relief whistle valve, a pressure indicator, and a gasket release system as a backup in case the safety valve fails.
- The cooker can be used on an induction top and a gas top as it comes with an Alpha base induction bottom
- It is best suited for Indian delicacies and cooking styles.
- It also features handles with a double screw for sturdy grip and durability.
Prestige Svachh pressure cookers come in various styles, materials, and sizes. We tried the Prestige Svachh 3-Quart Deluxe Alpha Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker. First, even though the product description states a 3-liter capacity, it only has a real 2.75-liter capacity. Like most other options, it comes with a sandwich bottom (or plate bottom).
The only exception is the Stahl Xpress pressure cooker with a triple construction. 1.2mm thick 304 stainless steel pressure cooker body. We found the pot and handle to be quite sturdy. The lid is tight initially and doesn’t slide or close easily. However, some users say it will get easier over time as the seal loosens. One feature you only find in Prestige is that the pressure gauge increases and decreases as pressure decreases. You find it in their normal pressure cookers and clamp pressure cookers.
- This Prestige 3.3-litre pressure cooker has a Handi design and it is compatible with induction cooktops.
- The aluminium hard anodized Handi has a flat & heavy base which ensures even distribution of heat.
- This cooker comes with a pressure indicator for convenient cooking.
- As the cooker is made of anodized materials, it is also an extremely durable cooker.
- The pressure cooker is fairly easy to clean. Even if food gets smeared on the base, it can be easily cleaned using a brush.
- The cooker has proper safety valves and a durable handle that is capable of bearing the weight.
Also, read Best air fryer
Like Butterfly, Pigeon is also a brand aimed at the popular market. Compared to the other options we’ve tried, the Pigeon Stainless Steel Pot is a bit thinner at 0.8mm, while most are 1.2mm thick. Accordingly, it is also lightweight. The disadvantage of thin is that it is easy to burn, clump and reduce heat retention.
The pressure cooker is relatively light because it has a thinner body. Also, its actual capacity is 2.5 litres even though the product description mentions 3 litres capacity. The handles and pads have a pretty good build quality.
Easy to Clean and Maintain
The sturdy build is easy to handle and maintain. Owing to its size, it can be conveniently stored in your kitchen racks. This versatile cooking utensil is a must-have for all kitchens and will make cooking easier and faster.
- The pressure cooker is made from aluminium so it is lightweight in nature
- Pigeon has 2 variants of stainless steel pressure cookers 3 litre and 5 litre
- The pressure cooker has a special induction base that makes it compatible with both gas stoves and induction cooktops.
- This pressure cooker can be used to cook sabzis, dal, rice, meat and much more.
- It is made from high-quality aluminium & features highly ergonomic safety handles.
- This material also enables even distribution of heat that leads to faster and more efficient cooking.
- This pressure cooker features a gasket release system with a metallic safety plug and a precision weighted valve.
Using the Hawkins pressure cooker for over a decade has won our hearts. And the best part is that we have never had to change spare parts in all these years. Of course, this can be an exception. But in general, Hawkins products are more durable and reliable than other brands. Like the Prestige, the Hawkins Stainless Steel Contura also features a 1.2mm thick 304 stainless steel body with a sandwich bottom. In comparison, it is slightly lighter than the Prestige.
But that’s not because of poor construction but because the inner lid is usually lighter than the outer lid. Speaking of the Hawkins Contura 3-liter pressure cooker specifically, it has a real capacity of exactly 3 liters. Most other brands list the total capacity as 3 liters, and their actual capacity is about 10-20% less.
- It is an ideal pressure cooker for small families
- The flat base of the cooker allows it to rest on the gas stoves comfortably
- The pressure cooker is made of a hard-anodized aluminium body and has a stainless steel lid.
- This cooker is not an induction cooker compatible.
- The anodized body ensures that the material does not react with the food acids thereby one can make hygienic foods with this cooker.
- It has an additional safety feature which ensures the cover does not open unless the pressure inside the cooker reduces to a certain amount.
The Prestige PPAPC3 pressure cooker is of high quality. PPAPC3 comes in a variety of sizes to meet different household needs. In addition, Prestige also offers an excellent range of electric kettles. This pressure cooker is a great addition to our list of top-rated Indian pressure cookers. It has an anti-puff base that allows for efficient cooking and accurate weighing. The Prestige pressure cooker is made from premium pure aluminum. It features a metal safety cap and seal release mechanism for maximum safety. You can use it with any gas stove with a comfortable handle.
Safety Features for Peace of Mind
Equipped with safety measures such as a metallic safety plug that releases the excess pressure when it rises beyond the safe level and a gasket release system, the Prestige Popular aluminium pressure cooker is built to provide you with an easy and safe cooking experience. This pressure cooker is elegantly designed and adds a nice touch to your kitchen and dining space. It is compatible with gas stoves and its 2-litre capacity is perfect for cooking up meals for small families or working bachelors.
- This cooker is manufactured from high-quality high-grade aluminium and is available in a range of sizes from 2 to 20 litres.
- The aluminium body makes it light to handle and operate
- The pressure cooker has an excellent grip because of the presence of comfortable handles.
- It works on gas stoves but it cannot be used in induction cook-top
- This pressure cooker has a high degree of safety because of the metallic safety plug and the gasket release system
Types of Pressure Cookers
Pressure cookers come in two categories. Electric pressure cookers and stove-top pressure cookers are both available. The pressure cooker is it should be able to withstand at least 15 psi, regardless of whatever type you purchase (pounds of pressure per square inch).
Stove-Top Pressure Cookers
You can regulate the heat in a stove-top pressure cooker the same way you can with a standard pot on the stove. Stainless steel cookers are recommended if you want the highest quality cooker. Aluminium pressure cookers, on the other hand, are gaining popularity due to their low cost but lower durability. Furthermore, aluminium reacts to acidic foods as well, so chances are that you might hear a little explosion in the kitchen.
Electric Pressure Cookers
Cooking functions (browning, simmering and warming) are programmable in electric pressure cookers. An electric pressure cooker has the advantage of not taking up any burner space, which is useful for preparing a large meal.
Pressure Cooker Features To Consider
- A pressure cooker lid featuring a quick-release valve for fast-releasing vapour.
- Steam baskets (with dividers) so that additional foods can be cooked at once
- A pressure gauge that tells you if the contents are still under pressure (some models have pressure gauges).
A pressure cooker is a sealed container that heats the liquid (water) and produces steam. This steam buildup that cannot escape cooks food by increasing the pressure inside the container. It is the general principle of pressure cookers. And this simple concept makes it possible to cook various dishes and experiment with their cooking.
The famous stainless steel pressure cooker is popular because it has many advantages. Pressure cookers have everything from fast and clean cooking to energy saving. It also retains most of the nutrients in the food. This tool is a familiar kitchen item found in most Indian kitchens and is loved by everyone.